Endless Mountain Marathon Race Festival
Join us on 05/22/2022
Endless Mountain Marathon Race Festival Description
The Second Annual Endless Mountains Marathon Race Festival will be held April 23 and 24, 2022, on the D&H Rail Trail in Forest City, PA.
- Special offer: if you register by March 15, you'll receive an embroidered race jacket with a full length zipper. We are known for our race jackets at the Two Rivers Race Festival and we are very happy to be able to offer them for Endless Mountains.
- The shirts are gender specific this year!
- We also feature interlocking finisher's medals. Saturday finishers get the left side medal and Sunday finishers get the right side medal. Race both days and you'll get the interlocking set!
- More event information about medals and our tshirts, etc. are available at our Endless Mountains Race Marathon Race Festival Website.
- Marathon Maniac and Half Fanatic friendly races.
This event is brought to you by the same fine folks who produce the Two Rivers Marathon Race Festival in March of every year 35 miles away in Lackawaxen, PA. The Two Rivers events will be held March 26-27, 2022. You can find info at Two Rivers Race Marathon Race Festival website.
Here's some examples of the great stuff from our 2021 races. Finisher's Medal, jackets and so much more. the 2022 medal will be interlocking with the second day medal.
One fun thing we do is to have 4 races each day: a marathon, half marathon, 10k and 5k. We run these races on both Saturday and Sunday.
If you'd like to race two days, here are the ways to register:
- If you'd like to race the marathon or the half marathon both days, just click on the dual marathon or dual half marathon registration option
- If you'd like to race any other combination of options (marathon and 5k, half marathon and 10k, etc.), please register for each race individually. I realized there are 16 different options if you race both days, so this is the easiest way for you to register for two races if they aren't the dual marathon or dual half marathon.
- This permits us to be able to offer two finishers medals. The cool thing is that they interlock! The 2022 artwork is being developed by our artist right now and I'll post it as soon as it is created and approved.
The event location is at the D&H Trailhead, Commerce Blvd., Forest City PA 18421. Google maps info is here:
The D&H Rail Trail is basically a flat course. The half marathon is an out and back loop. The marathon is two out and back loops.
Here's the mapmyrun course map (it shows one loop for the half marathon):
The trail is hard packed. Over 99% of the course is on the trail.
MAP MY RUN
You can see on the mapmyrun link course elevation. The course starts at 1474'. The turnaround point is at 1727'. Over 6.55 miles, you'll climb 253'. That is less than a 1% per mile climbing gradient. You lose 253' going back to the start, descending less than 1% per mile on the return.
It's a former railroad line so the course has to be nearly flat for rail cars to transit it.
- the marathon will be on a certified course. The course is currently being measured. We have to wait for enough snow to melt on the trail to complete the bike measurement portion of the certification process. I guarantee it will be a certified marathon and half marathon course. The marathon will be a Boston Qualifier.
- Aid stations: There will be three on the course, which means you'll have 6 aid stations per loop (13.1 miles). The aid stations will be self-serve, with sealed small water and gatorade bottles. There will be plenty of garbage cans on the course.
- Athletes are responsible for putting used water, gatorade, bananas, gels, or similar items in the garbage cans. The township has requested a zero garbage on the ground policy for health reasons. There will be garbage cans 50 yards on each side of the aid station, as well as a garbage can placed halfway to the next aid station.
- Portapotties are located at the race start area and at each aid station.
- We'll have an open start line for the marathon and half marathon. You can start anytime between 0745 and 0900. If you'd like to start before 0745, just let me know and I'll get you off and running!
- The marathon will have a 6 hour time limit. Please start early if you think you may exceed the 2:30pm course closure. We'll have the finish arch up for you and have your finisher's medal ready for you!
- We will have post race food.
- If you post a Boston Qualifying time in the marathon, you'll receive an "I Qualified for Boston At the Two Rivers Marathon" shirt.
Endless Mountains will have the same commitment to Athlete Satisfaction as all of our other events. You'll be part of an organized, fun event with great shirts, finisher's medals, on course aid stations, and awards. We do it BECAUSE WE LOVE THE ATHLETES!
Please call MARK at 570 470 4922 or email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Get ready for the Endless Mountain Marathon Race Festival
- Location: Forest City, PA 18421
- Race Date: 2022/05/22 09:00:00 AM (Sunday)
- Marathon May 22
- Combo Platter 5K/10K May 22
- Half Marathon May 22
- 10K May 22
- 5K May 22
- Virtual Marathon Half 10K 5K March 19 thru May 22