Great Allegheny Ohiopyle Marathon Race Festival
Join us on 05/06/2023(race date estimated)
Great Allegheny Ohiopyle Marathon Race Festival Description
Mark your calendars for May 6, 2023, for the Ohiopyle Marathon Race Festival.
In years past, we have had a Half Marathon, 10k and 5k. This year, we are adding a full Marathon. It is two loops of the half marathon course. The course is in the process of being certified and will be a Boston Qualifier. I'll keep everyone updated on the certification process.
The good folks at Fast-Finishes.com are known for producing well organized events with excellent swag.
Here's the artwork for this year's event that will appear on jackets, medals, shirts and awards:
For this event, all marathon and half marathon athletes will receive an embroidered jacket, as well as a finisher's medal and a sticker.
5k and 10k runners will have the option to purchase a jacket for $15 (they will get the jacket in lieu of a shirt if they elect to do this.)
We also have a 5k/10k Combo Platter event where you can race both the 5k and 10k and get more cool stuff! All Combo Platter athletes will receive the full zip jacket as part of their entry fee!
Yes, a very very nice full zip jacket with embroidery of the race artwork. See below for links to examples of our race jackets!
All 4 races will start and finish in the parking area of the Ohiopyle train station, located off Sheridan Street. The courses will run along the Great Allegheny Passage Rail Trail which is flat and fast! The scenery will RIVAL any race in the country! Runners will cross bridges over rivers and see majestic waterfalls with beauty abound. Ohiopyle is often referred to as the Crown Jewel of the Commonwealth!
We are offering special, early bird race entry pricing until Feb 14!
We love our uniformed service members and their families. All of our events feature a 10% discount on race entry for all service members and their family. Please use code SERVICE to receive this discount.
This discount is available to all active duty service members, their spouse and children, as well as their parents and brothers and sisters. Please note: parents, brothers and sisters, spouse and children do not need to be active service members!
You can read more and see our excellent race artwork at:
RACE START TIMES
- Marathon start is 7:30am. Early starters are welcomed to start at 6am or anytime before 7am.
- Half Marathon start time is 7:30am.
- 10k start time is 08:45am.
- 5k start time is 07:45am.
- Combo Platter 5k/10k athletes start at 07:45. They can win awards in the 5k, the 10k and in the Combo Platter combined categories!
- The race start area and packet pick-up is 7 Sheridan Street, Ohiopyle PA 15470.
- The course closes at 2pm.
BIB PICKUP & REGISTRATION
- Friday 4pm until 6pm: bib and packet pickup for all events
- The location is 7 Sheridan Street, Ohiopyle PA 15470.
- Race Morning/Saturday —
- Pickup will begin at 5:30am for the marathon early starters and 6am for marathon regular 7am start.
Pickup will begin at 7:00am for the Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Runners.
- You can register on race morning for any event.
- All event bib and packet pickup is near the start/finish area by the train station. Here's a google map with a blue pin showing the location off Sheridan Street.
You will find parking in the lot next to the Information Center. There is NO parking at the start/finish line.
Here's a blue pin for parking at 124 Main Street. It's a two minute walk to the start:
There will be aid stations with water and Gatorade about every two miles. I'll post the exact aid station locations based on course access soon.
There will be one portapotty per 70 athletes registered in the start/finish area. We anticipate having 5 portapotties there.
On the course, due to trail access, the only portapotty will be close to the 6 mile point of the run.
- Top 3 — Male & Female
- Top Masters — Male & Female (40+)
- Age Groups — Half Marathon
19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34,35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Age Groups — 5K & 10K
14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34,35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- There will not be a formal awards ceremony. Results will be live and you can pickup your award as soon as you finish.
- It is the responsibility of the runner to check their results (the link will be emailed as well as posted in Facebook on the event page and then go to the award table to pick up their award from the staff member on race day.
- There are event medals for each finisher. Please remember to grab your medal from the table if there is not a person handing them out. This will be at the finish line. We can’t mail medals after the event.
Unfortunately, we can not mail awards.
Amazing embroidered jackets for all athletes in all events. Athletes will also have the option to save $10 and only receive a shirt. You can also purchase an extra jacket or shirt when you register. To be clear, regular entry fees include an embroidered jacket. You can see similar jackets on our www.tworiversmarathon.com website or the FastFinishes facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fastfinishes
- Unique medal symbolic for Ohiopyle will be awarded to all finishers.
- artwork will be uploaded here soon.
Here is the link for the half marathon 13.1 mile loop.
The marathon is two loops of this cours
The 5k goes out 1.55 miles from the start and turnsaround to go back to the finish line.
The 10k goes out 3.1 miles from the start and turnsaround to go back to the finish line.
The course is 100% hard packed trail. You don't need trail running shoes. Your regular racing shoes are fine. The trail is evenly topped with crushed limestone. Online, it says, "It is relatively smooth and easy to pedal, run, or hike." I've ridden my bike on it the last 2 years to set up the course and it was a smooth ride. When walking on various parts of the course, I didn't find any loose pebbles getting caught in my shoes.
I would suggest booking a local motel or airbnb early, as accommodations are limited in the park.
Here's an orbitz lodging search click here.
AirBNB search click here.
- Location: Ohiopyle, PA 15470
- Race Date: 2023/05/06 07:00:00 AM (Saturday)
- 5K start time 7:45 AM
- 10k start time 8:45 AM
- Half Marathon start time 7:30 AM
- Marathon start time 7:30 AM
- Combo Platter 5K/10K start time 7:45 AM